Friday 19 September 2014

First Post

First post! Wahay!

I think a first post naturally calls for a brief introduction to who? what? where? when and why? in regards to this blog.

Who?

I am a Masters student, with hopes to be a awesome Cancer Research scientist in the very near future!  My primary scientific interests are cancer, immunology, genetics... so you have been warned, expect many nitty gritty cell posts! However I do occasionally like to dabble in literature about space, technology, environment and general physics too. Scientific whoring.

What?

Its hard to determine what this blog may become, if at all, but a collection of scientific topics, current research, news, opinions and a few bits and pieces here and there may sum up my intentions with this blog.

Where?

Im a Londoner! Woop!

Why?

Just short of a decade ago, scientific communication has been changing. Before scientists had very little paths of communication with the public, findings, research, much of the information was only available or advertised freely to those who may have had a particular interest or connection to the scientific world. Social media has made it alot easier to spark a public interest in science. For me it was on of the reasons I was urged into science. Widely known Scientists such as Richard Dawkins, Neil Degrasse Tyson, Lawrence Krauss, have been leading the way, by publishing books, constantly providing opinions through twitter, videos on you tube, exhibitions, talks , even movies (The Unbelievers) and TV programmes!  Im not an astounding scientist like them, but I love science and this is a way to share my opinions, hear others, talking  and thinking about science is how great discoveries happen after all!


1 comment: